- For Winston in other continuities, see Winston disambiguation page.
Winston was born on February 7th, 1924 in Connussie, Ireland. He was decorated in the El Alamein desert campaign under Montgomery during World War II. He was honorably discharged after being wounded in battle.
He returned home and worked with his father as a gamekeeper under the laird on the local estate. He formed a bond with Lord Henshingly Croft upon organizing pheasant shooting excursions and was requested specifically into service by him on the mainland. As Lara's parents continued their world excursions, Winston became like a father to her.
Tomb Raider IIEdit
Tomb Raider II: The Golden Mask Edit
Tomb Raider III: Adventures of Lara CroftEdit
In Tomb Raider III, he follows you in the same way. Later, Lara can pick up her pistols at the end of the Assault Course. When these are picked up, Winston will appear in a camouflage suit. You can shoot him and he will raise his tray in defense. (TR3: "Lara's Home")
Tomb Raider III: The Lost Artifact Edit
The level, Lara's Home, is reused from Tomb Raider III and appears in the game's expansion pack. Winston appears in this level as he did in Tomb Raider III.
Tomb Raider: ChroniclesEdit
Winston only appears in the FMVs here. He is one of the three who are holding a memorial service for Lara, after she is presumed dead.
The Freezer EditA fun game that is very popular among the fans, was locking Winston in the walk in freezer. As he always follows you. To do so, you would have to run into the kitchen, open the fridge by using the button, get inside the fridge and wait for Winston to appear. Then quickly run out, leaving him behind and press the button to shut the door again.
- Before Lara's butler was given an official name, he was often referred to as "Jeeves" by fans.
- There was a nod to this in the Top Cow comics, when Sara Pezzini stays at Lara's house while on vacation.
- In Editions Atlas' The Official Fact Files, Winston was given a birth date, height and other information such as his last name being officially "Jeeves".
- In 2015, composer Nathan McCree revealed that he voiced Winston's sound effects in Tomb Raider II.
- In Rise of the Tomb Raider, Lara can find a letter from her butler which recounts him being locked in the freezer by a young Lara. This is an obvious reference to the ability to lock Winston in the freezer in earlier games.
- Tomb Raider II: Starring Lara Croft (First appearance)
- Tomb Raider III: Adventures of Lara Croft
- Tomb Raider II: Golden Mask (appears in nightmare)
- Tomb Raider III: The Lost Artifact
- Tomb Raider: Chronicles
- Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Lost Cult