For the bird of the same name see: Turkey (Animal)
Turkey is a transcontinental country in Eurasia, mainly in Anatolia in Western Asia, with a smaller portion on the Balkan peninsula in Southeast Europe.
- Cappadocia (mentioned only)
- Turkey/Syria Border region (prologue)
- Turkey (mentioned in documents)
- The capital city of Turkey is Istanbul, which has been renamed twice in it's history after being conquered.
- The original name was Byzantium, when it was founded as a Greek settlement.
- The city was renamed Constantinople, after it was conquered by the Romans, who renamed it in honour of the Emperor Constantine I in 330AD.
- The city was renamed a final time to Istanbul after it was invaded by the Ottoman Empire in 1453.