Lara Croft Wiki
Lara Croft Wiki


Trophies & Achievements





Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition is a re-release of Tomb Raider, developed by Crystal Dynamics and published by Square-Enix for the PlayStation 4 and the Xbox One. The game is optimized for next-gen consoles, with the help of outside developers including Nixxes Software and United Front Games.


Main Article: Tomb Raider (2013 Game)

Lara Croft is stranded on a mysterious island while searching for the Lost Kingdom of Yamatai and is soon accosted by a group of bandits living on the island.

Lara must fight for her very life, in a desperate struggle to learn the secrets of the island, and become a true survivor.

Differences from Original version[]

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition has improved upon many visual and gameplay elements. The game runs in native 1080p resolution for both consoles. The PlayStation 4 version supports Remote Play via PlayStation Vita. The Dualshock 4's light bar changes color depending on game play scenarios. The Xbox One's Kinect allows players to use voice controls to change weapons/attachments, as well as navigate menus, and change camera angles at some points, this can also be done by using a PS4 Headset. On the PlayStation 4 version, the frame-rate has also been increased to 60 frames per/second, while the Xbox One version runs at a stable 30 frames.

Lara has a refined character, with brighter skin, and AMD's TressFX technology is utilized, helping to improve the realistic effects to her hair. A physics engine was also applied to her gear, making items like her bow and axe move in response to her movement.

Extra Content[]

Included with the game are digital versions of the Tomb Raider comic, created by Dark Horse, along with a mini-art book from Brady Games. The Final Hours developer videos are also included.

Definitive Edition includes all available downloadable content for the game.


Tomb Raider The Definitive Edition sold 1 Million copies in its first week, with 69% of sales being on PlayStation 4, the other 31% being on Xbox One [1]

Overall, the Definitive Edition has helped pushed sales for Tomb Raider to 11 Million. [2]


  • This version shares a cover with the Game of the Year edition of the previous generation version of the game.