- For Lara's fathers in other continuities, see Lord Croft disambiguation page.
- "I've acquired new evidence that leads me to believe it is the Scion itself that is in some strange way, a vast library of information to rival even Alexandria. I am now convinced that, if I can obtain it, I will finally discovered what happened to my beloved Amelia."
Richard James Croft, 10th Earl of Abbingdon, was a famous archaeologist. As the son of R.J. Croft, he inherited his title from his father and married Amelia DeMornay, having a daughter named Lara. After Amelia's disappearance, Richard kept Lara at his side and sought to find his wife, embarking on a quest for the Scion of Atlantis and attempting to locate and infiltrate Helheim. Richard was friends with Professor Peter Eddington from Cavendish Laboratory, with whom he shared his findings. Richard agreed to work with Jacqueline Natla, but betrayed her upon learning of her motives, resulting in her killing him. A body was found but could not be definitively identified, resulting in a legal battle for his estates between Lara and Richard's brother, Errol Croft.
- Tomb Raider: Legend (mentioned and seen in portrait)
- Tomb Raider: Anniversary (heard, mentioned and seen in portrait)
- Tomb Raider: Underworld (heard, mentioned and seen in portrait and photograph)